Kathy’s House Impact Report for 2018
Because of supporters like you, we are rising to meet an unprecedented need for affordable lodging while planning for our new facility. The new Kathy’s House will serve as a national model in hospital guest housing and will include unique amenities to promote healing based on feedback from physicians and guests. Our efforts to fundraise for “A New Home for Healing” is being led by an outstanding group of community leaders. We intend to break ground this year and open the new Kathy’s House in 2020.
We sincerely appreciate your time, resources, and energy to help Kathy’s House meet its mission and to make our dream for a bigger Kathy’s House possible.
Click here to read the full 2018 Impact Report.
A brief overview:
- Welcomed 1,500 guests and provided them with almost 12,000 nights of lodging—a new record.
- Voted in September to build a new 36-room facility and in early 2019 received approval to build our new House on the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center campus.
- Leveraged the time and talent of 300 volunteers who generated $114,100 worth of financial impact.
- Received a record number of donated supplies. House supplies cost less in 2018 than they did five years ago despite having hundreds more guests in 2018!
- Received $649,000 in donations - 78% in donations less than $500 and 51% of our supporters donated multiple times!
2018 Financial Overview
- Cost per night per room to operate Kathy's House in 2018 was $87. Most local hotels charge a minimum $110 a night.
- Kathy's House had $748,577 in revenue.
- Saw a 30% increase in our total number of donors, with 51% of supporters donating multiple times.