Kathy’s House Annual Report for 2015 - 2016
- Since opening in 2001, Kathy's House has provided more than 110,000 nights of lodging and served more than 16,000 guests
- The average length of stay is 9 days, and guests stay anywhere from 1 night to over a year
- 55% of guests are caregivers; 45% are patients
- 94% of guests are referred from Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, followed by Children's Hospital, and Columbia St. Mary's
- 85% of families referred are receiving treatment for cancer (mostly for complex cancers such as blood, bone, and pancreatic), followed by cardiovascular, stroke, and accident/trauma
- Almost all guests live at least 50 miles outside of Milwaukee; 56% are from Wisconsin with the most coming from northeast Wisconsin, 15% from Michigan, 4% from Illinois, 11% from other Midwest states, 13% from other US states, and 1% from outside of the US
- Lodging is donation-based, with the average donation of $35. No one is turned away due to inability to make a donation
2015 - 2016 Financial Overview
- Kathy's House ended the 2016 fiscal year with a healthy and balanced budget. Independent financial audits are conducted annually, and Kathy's House has received a clean audit every year.
- Cost per night per room to operate Kathy's House in 2016 is $85 based on current occupancy. Most local hotels charge a minimum $110 a night.
- $512,000 was donated to Kathy's House in 2106.
- Not reflected in the revenue chart is the work and value of hundreds of volunteers. On average, volunteers contribute 200 hours per week or over 10,000 hours a year. This work is valued at $187,200. Leveraging the time and talent of compassionate volunteers helps to keep costs down.