March 31, 2020
Kathy’s House creates a Critical Operations Campaign in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Your support of this campaign will help Kathy’s House remain fiscally sound during this unprecedented time. We need your help now more than ever! To donate, please click here. Thank you for your continued support.
Read the latest correspondence from Kathy’s House President & CEO, Patty Metropulos concerning the COVID-19 pandemic and it’s effect on our operations.
March 27, 2020
| Dear Supporter,|
We hope that you and your families are staying safe and healthy during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
We want to let you know that we remain open so we can continue to serve patients and their families in need of cancer and other life-saving treatments. Our board and staff are committed to our mission and to keeping our guests safe – many who are in the highest risk category for contracting COVID-19. To do this, we are limiting the number of guests in the house and have adopted new safeguards.
One of which is to suspend our popular meal program, where volunteers come to the House to prepare dinner for our guests. Knowing how much our residents really appreciate and rely on these dinners, our board members and other donors have graciously offered to pay for meals to be delivered from local restaurants. Thanks to these kind acts of generosity, we can keep things as normal and safe as possible while supporting our struggling local businesses – and our guests are so grateful!
Thanks to our new safeguards, our guests remain safe from COVID-19 while they continue to have access to the vital, life-saving medical care they need. Unfortunately, cancer and other serious illnesses don’t cease because of a pandemic!
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused concern for all of us. It has impacted nearly every aspect of our lives and is changing every day. With that in mind, we want to share some vital updates with you:
* We are committed to staying open, adapting our safeguards as needed so our guests stay safe.
* Per the latest updates, we remain on track to break ground on the new Kathy’s House in April. Our vision for our “New Home for Healing” remains steadfast and the need to serve more guests in need of life-saving access to healthcare remains urgent. Stay tuned for photos of this momentous event! Our celebratory groundbreaking is tentatively scheduled for July 1, 2020.
* The Kathy’s House Gala, scheduled for May 16th has been cancelled. This is our primary fundraising event of the year and vital to our ability to serve patients and their family members. Proceeds raised from this event cover 25% of our total operating costs. In response we have begun a Critical Operations campaign to ensure we remain fiscally sound. When things resume to normal, we want to be ready to return to our normal high occupancy levels, serving as many patients and guests as our current facility allows. If you are able to help with our Critical Operations campaign, please click here to donate.
Thank you for your continued support. We are all in this together – and it’s together, that we will endure this surreal time, take care of our guests and remain on track to build “A New Home for Healing”!
Again, our thoughts are with you and your families. Please stay well.
President & CEO
Please read the letter below from Kathy’s House President & CEO, Patty Metropulos, concerning updated house protocols for Kathy’s House during the current COVID-19 (coronavirus 2019) outbreak.
March 12, 2020
Dear Kathy’s House Volunteers, Board Members, Supporters & Community Partners,
Our highest priority is the safety and health of our guests. Many of our patient guests are in the highest risk category for contracting COVID-19 (coronavirus 2019). It is vital that we do everything we can to protect them, their caregivers, and our staff who operate Kathy’s House.
Kathy’s House is instituting new protocols to reduce the potential for the virus to enter our building. They will be in place until at least March 31st and after that will be reviewed weekly. These protocols are in addition to our current policies and practices to mitigate risk infection.
Based on the recommendations from the CDC and in partnership with our health partners, effective immediately:
- We are not allowing any visitors except for medical personnel and family caregivers.
- Staff and regularly scheduled volunteers will only be allowed in the building if they are not exhibiting any symptoms and have not traveled internationally or in high COVID-19 cluster areas within the US in the last 14 days.
- All delivery personnel (Amazon, Fed Ex, Goodwill laundry, etc.) will be met outside.
These protocols mean that all volunteer cooked meals will be canceled along with all other volunteer group activities. As well, an alternate location will need to be identified for all meetings scheduled to be held at Kathy’s House. Tours are cancelled except for tours for guests with a scheduled reservation (assuming they have not traveled internationally or in high cluster areas within the US in the last 14 days).
Kathy’s House will continue to closely monitor information from the CDC, WHO and state and local health department websites as this situation evolves. As well, we will continue to work in partnership with our referring hospitals.
For additional information, please visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have questions about our new protocols, please call Kathy’s House at 414-453-8290.
President & CEO