Guest and Visitor Guidelines
Our mission is to be a welcoming, caring home away from home for our guests. Although we can’t offer hugs or a comforting hand on the shoulder right now, compassion is in our hearts, and you will see it in our eyes and hear it in our voices.
The health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and guests are our highest priority. To help prevent the spread of coronavirus, we have implemented new policies. We continue to work closely with our healthcare partners and government officials to ensure we are taking appropriate measures and will update our protocols as necessary as the situation evolves. The following policies are based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Guests and Visitors
As our communities continue to navigate the effects of COVID-19, we have instituted the following guidelines to maintain a safe environment within the House.
- We are currently accepting referrals that require at least a 3-night stay.
- All guests must provide evidence of vaccination or a recent negative COVID test.
- Anyone entering the House will be asked to answer health screening questions and a temperature check.
- Masks must be properly worn when entering the House and while in any common area.
- Outside visitors are not allowed in the House, except for medical personnel.
- Vendors and delivery personnel must be met outside the House.
- All guests must be at least 18 years old.
- A maximum of 2 people is allowed per room.
- Total occupancy is limited to 20 guests.
- Volunteers: Volunteer services, including volunteer-cooked meals, projects, and other activities, are suspended until further notice.
- Staff: To keep our staff and guests safe and the House operating smoothly, a limited number of housekeeping and guest services staff will be working onsite at any one time. Administrative and other staff will continue to work at home.
- No outside visitors are permitted, including House tours and meetings.
How You Can Help
Kathy’s House creates a Critical Operations Campaign in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Your support of this campaign will help Kathy’s House remain fiscally sound during this unprecedented time. We need your help now more than ever! To donate, please click here. Thank you for your contcinued support.