Effective Friday, May 31, our address will be: 9100 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226

Other Ways To Give

You can make an ever bigger impact on patients and families

Below are common ways that may reduce your tax burden, and may help more families than writing a check or giving from your credit card.

Give Stock

If you own stock with unrealized gains, you can avoid paying capital gains taxes by donating the shares to Kathy’s House.

To initiate a stock transfer, please contact your financial advisor, to determine which stock to transfer based on your personal portfolio. You or your advisor can contact Katie Sparks at Kathy’s House for our bank/stock transfer information.

Give from your IRA, Pension, or Life Insurance

Designate “Kathy’s House” as a beneficiary (or partial beneficiary) on:

  • Retirement accounts
  • Pension plans
  • Life insurance policies

Ask your employer or financial advisor for a designation form. Our EIN is: 39-2022115.

Give from Your Donor Advised Fund

Individuals with donor advised funds can make a grant recommendation of varying dollar amounts by contacting the institution who holds your fund, or by logging in to your fund’s online portal.

Usually it is as simple as selecting “Kathy’s House” from a list of charities, or enter our name as your own recommendation.

Some common institutions who hold Donor Advised Funds are Greater Milwaukee Foundation, Fidelity Charitable, Baird, or Thrivent Charitable.

Appreciated Securities or Mutual Funds

These vehicles are established and grow over time. They usually sit growing for at least a year. Transferring to Kathy’s House will mean lessening or avoiding federal capital gains taxes.

Charitable Gift Annuities, Charitable Remainder Trusts (CGAs, CRTs)

These are giving options where both you receive income and Kathy’s House receives charitable contributions.

Your accountant or financial advisor can help you determine which of these might be the best options for you.

A Gift From Your Will or Trust

You can learn more about this option by visiting the Give From Your Will or Trust page.

Take the Next Step

Contact your tax accountant, attorney, or financial advisor to determine which option works best for you.

Click here for a Pledge Form to discuss with your advisor, or complete and send to Kathy’s House.

Let Kathy’s House know of your wishes, so that your gift is directed as you intend. Contact Katie Sparks with questions or information about a planned gift.

Thank you for supporting patients and families while participating in the available options that offer the most benefits to you!