Stay At Kathy’s House
Our 18-bedroom home offers lodging to families regardless of the patients’ age. Guests are referred by medical personnel and admission is based on House availability.
To read our temporary COVID-19 Restrictions, please click here.
Each room includes the following:
- Most rooms have both a queen and a single bed
- Private bathroom with walk-in shower
- Bed and bath linens
- Television, small refrigerator and telephone (local)
While lodging at Kathy’s House, guests also have access to the following communal amenities:
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Refrigerator, pantry and freezer storage space
- Free Wi-Fi
- Living Room, Dining Room and 2 Television Rooms
- Laundry facilities
- Guests are responsible for their own meals
- Each room has designated pantry, refrigerator and freezer storage space in the kitchen
- We are fortunate to have wonderful companies, churches, civic groups and individual volunteers provide a meal from a local restaurant once a week.
- We ask that guests consider a donation of $45 a night, about half of what a room costs us to provide. We can offer this great rate thanks to our wonderful donors. For guests needing financial assistance, please discuss your situation with the check-in staff
Parking and Transportation
- Parking is available for our guests on a surface lot.
- Complimentary shuttle service is available during the week on a limited basis due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is important that guests staying at Kathy’s House are comfortable in a communal environment. We do not have maid service, so we ask guests to clean up behind themselves in the common areas and in their rooms. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned upon guest check-out, but in order to keep the house in great working order for all who stay with us, it’s important that everyone clean up behind their family.
Guests staying at the House must have a caregiver with them for the duration of their stay. Guests must also be able to perform basic mobility and care functions, including:
- maneuver stairs
- do personal laundry as needed
- plan, prepare and clean up following meals
We are unable to house guests who are disruptive or display irresponsible behavior that may be perceived as a threat to other guests. Guests will receive more detailed house guidelines upon arrival.
We know that this is a difficult time for you, and we have created this home with you in mind. Loved ones staying with us are undergoing some of the most difficult days and often they find support from other guests in our home. You can expect to meet some incredible families; some would like to share their story with you; some listen to you; others would like privacy and we value that as well. We do not have formal support groups but do offer pastoral nondenominational care assistance. Please ask a staff member for assistance with pastoral care.
What We Expect
Kathy’s House is a family-oriented environment. Consequently, please communicate and behave at all times in a way that is respectful and considerate of everyone in the House.
Guests are expected to respect quiet hours daily from 8:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
Guests are responsible for cleaning up after themselves in common areas and their rooms with the goal of leaving spaces better than you found them. No smoking is permitted anywhere on the property.