Every stay starts with a referral from your healthcare provider. Ask your provider to complete our referral form.
Once your provider has submitted a referral, Kathy’s House staff will contact you to determine eligibility, and to either confirm availability or add you to the waitlist.
Guests of Kathy’s House are required to:
- Be either:
- The caregiver of a patient receiving treatment at an accredited Milwaukee hospital, or
- A patient whose healthcare provider requires them to remain in the area for their treatment plan. All patients must be accompanied by a caregiver for the duration of their stay.
- Reside at a permanent address 50 miles or more from Milwaukee
- Be referred by their provider for, at minimum, a three-night stay
- Pass a background check
- Care for their own living areas and share in the care of communal facilities they use
- Perform basic mobility and care functions, including personal laundry and meals
- Communicate and behave at all times in a way that is respectful and considerate of everyone in the House.
- Comply with current guidance related to COVID-19
We are able to accommodate a maximum of one room per family; no exceptions.
Kathy’s House is a good fit for people who are comfortable in a communal environment. We are unable to provide lodging to guests who display disruptive, irresponsible, or threatening behavior.
Management reserves the right to refuse or restrict the use of the facility based upon the greater needs of its guest population.