Kathy’s House Impact Report for 2019
We are pleased to share with you how your support makes a marked difference in the lives of patients and families facing cancer and other serious illness. To say that this past year was exciting would be an understatement! As we look back on 2019, these are the highlights made possible by your generosity. We are rising to meet an unprecedented need for affordable lodging while raising funds for our “New Home for Healing.” We sincerely appreciate your compassion and generosity to help Kathy’s House meet its mission and to make our dream for a bigger Kathy’s House possible.
- In 2019, Kathy’s House welcomed 1,522 guests and provided them with a total of 12,088 nights of lodging.
- A majority of guests are from rural areas where just 3% of medical oncologists practice.
- 420 local volunteers provided $134,270 worth of services.
- A total of 167 physicians and other health care professionals from 12 different hospitals referred their patients and families.
- 77% of Kathy’s House guests are age 51 or older, most of whom are on a fixed income.
2019 Financial Overview
- Kathy’s House received $843,000 in donations- up 30% from the prior year!
- We saw a 30% increase in our total number of donors, with 51% of supporters donating multiple times.
- 84% of donations were less than $500.
Be sure to check out 2019 Facts at a Glance:
View our previous reports: